Translate

Aug 28, 2013

Day XV

My last day in Santiago went pretty quickly. I had a quick breakfast, put together my things, recharged gadgets and went with my bike to the pilgrims office where I intended to leave it and walk around the city centre on foot. Then I was looking for some souvenirs, had all postcards sent, found the bus station on the map, and visited the mass in the cathedral. This time, I had a great opportunity to see the big incensory “in the move” and I decided not to pass this ultimate chance even though I would make my riding to the schedule quite adventurous due to a very tight schedule. Luckily, I managed to get out of the city centre and get to the bus station just in the nick of time to catch my bus to Barcelona (as always). Now I am thinking that if there had been any problems (flat tire, traffic jam, etc., I would have never made it on time. I did not intend to push my luck once again, but this mass for pilgrims and the pendulum was just something I did not want to miss. I think there was time for it, but I will leave this to your judgment whether I acted responsibly (I arrived 15 minutes before the bus departure).



Travelling by bus for 17h about 900 km sounds extremely uncomfortable, but consider that now I am just looking outside from the window, enjoy a comfortable seat with air condition, do not have to pay attention to the road if I do not want to, and most importantly, I do not take any effort at all to move - everything is so relative compared with biking, this seems to me like travelling by some kind of magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment